Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Here We Come!!!

WHEW - what a year!!!  I can't believe 2011 is now behind us.  It's been quite a while since I've posted on here but that's only because I've been so busy sewing, embroidering, and having fun with my girls.  Here is a brief summary of what we were up to in 2011....

During the summer months, hooded towels were all the rage.  I made tons of these for cute little guys and girls that were headed to the pool.  The heat this summer was way more than we could handle, so my little divas and I were either hanging out at the neighborhood pool or enjoying lunch with friends.  Here are my little stinkers modeling some of those hooded towels I mentioned earlier.



The heat in Texas can sometimes be unbearable, but that of course won't stop two restless toddlers from wanting to go outside and play.  This summer I also made some stylish wide brimmed hats for my girls to wear while outside.  I love these hats because they provide shade for my little one's neck, face, and ears.  You'll find more of these summer hats in my shop very soon.


In the early summer months I was also busy sewing up several onesie / burpie sets for a little diva in the Houston area.  Her mommy was so easy to work with and I had a great time getting to know her.  Many of my repeat customers have become friends - that's just one of the unexpected perks of starting my own business.  Below are just a few pictures of custom made items for infants.



 



In the fall, I met a wonderful photographer.  Annie from Sleeping Owl Photography met us at Fisherman's Park and captured some wonderful family pictures.  If you live in the Austin or San Antonio area and are looking to have some pictures taken, I highly recommend Sleeping Owl Photography.  Annie first took some family photos of us and since the girls were still in a good mood, she took pictures of them in their Halloween costumes.  She has also taken pictures of several new products that I have yet to show you all.  I'll be showing off more of her pictures very soon.  If you plan on getting some pictures taken, book your session soon because the secret is out and she very popular;).
You can find her on facebook....
https://www.facebook.com/sleepingowlphotography

Below are a few photos from the Sleeping Owl Photography photo shoot;)



In the month of December, the girls and I had a blast hanging out with friends and family.  Since the girls are a little older, they are starting to understand the whole "Santa" thing.  Even though he brought them a few (okay, A LOT!) of presents this year, they were still a bit unsure of him when it came to take a picture.  My youngest was not impressed with Santa - you can pretty much tell by the look on her face...LOL! 


2011 was such a fun year for us all and I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store.  I hope you all had a great time celebrating the new year as well.  Later this week I will begin accepting custom orders for all of the spring embroidery and sewing designs.  If there is a specific item that you have been wanting to purchase, please email me as soon as you can.  During the months of January and February I'll be busy planning a birthday party, so only a limited amount of orders will be accepted.  Take care everyone and have a FABULOUS YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment